Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tales from the 1st Grade: Bathroom Stall

Everyday after lunch my class stops by the bathroom before returning to our regularly scheduled program. I have about 3 boys that have to sit in a stall everyday at this time. The problem isn't that they need extra time to sit. It's that they ALL want to use the "big" stall. So they stand around waiting. I can see them standing against the back wall waiting. Once I realized that they are all waiting for a particular stall while others are open I've been hurrying them along by telling them to go in an open stall and stop waiting for the big one.

Today one of my regular offenders was standing against the wall waiting. I asked if there was an empty stall he could go in.

He said, "The other stalls are empty but I can't fit in them. I have to wait for the big one."

WHAT?!?

I told him he most certainly could fit in them and he better get in one now! I informed him that I could fit in one of them (not that I've actually gone in one of those particular stalls)and he's certainly smaller than I am!

They never cease to amaze me with their "excuses" (LIES) about why they can/can not do things!

1 comment:

DebbieP said...

I know! I subbed in 3rd grade today and watched a kid use a drawing book to trace a picture. Then he told me he drew it himself. I said, " You traced that." He denied it until I told him I watched him do it. Whaddya gonna do with these rugrats?! LOL