Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sun Stand Still: Favorite Quotes

The snow days afforded me time to finish reading Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick. Here are a few of the things I highlighted as I read the book:

"If you're not daring to believe God for the impossible, you're sleeping through some of the best parts of your Christian life. And further still: if the size of your vision for your life isn't intimidating to you, there's a good chance it's insulting to God."

"Seize God's vision. Activate your faith. Make your move"

"When you ask God to do the impossible, he usually instructs you to do something uncomfortable. And inconvenient. Salvation is free. Obedience can be very costly."

"-your vision should never be limited to who you are or what you think you can do.....
Instead, the scope and impact of your vision will be determined by who you believe God is - and whether you have the faith to respond accordingly"

"Authentic faith doesn't end in a positive mental state. It plays out in total obedience based on the sure Word of God."

These are just a few of the things I've highlighted. I may share more later.

I am amazed at how God is speaking to me lately. My Pastor's message on Sunday sounded so much like the things I've been reading in this book (and I know for a fact that my pastor hasn't read the book or even heard of the author until I told him about it later!)

No comments: