Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tales from the first grade: Capital

The year is almost over but there is no lack of hilarity in room 23! I'm sure there will be more to come in the next 10 days! Yay...only 10 more days!

- While reading Charlotte's Web to the class I got to the part where Fern is in class daydreaming about what to name her pig. The teacher asks, "what's the capital of Pennsylvania?". Fern replies,"Wilbur". One of my students laughs and says, "That's silly. It's P." I was puzzled by what she was trying to say. Then I got it. The capital in "P"ennsylvania is P!

- While giving a spelling inventory that is testing the students ability to write the phonetic sounds they hear I said "spoil". One student raised his hand and said, "Isn't that a Spanish word?". I have no idea what Spanish word sounds like that!

1 comment:

DebbieP said...

LOL I love it!