Thursday, February 18, 2010

THIS IS NOT MY PORTION



I've been sick pretty much since August. The main causes are environmental from my classroom. I can't really explain how run down and defeated one feels after being sick for so long. Every time it seems things are getting better they get worse. But fear not dear friends, this post is not meant to be a pity party. It is in fact meant to be a declaration of the goodness of God.

The enemy takes the opportunity to kick you when you're down. To whisper lies that you begin to struggle with as you try not to believe them. But I'm here to declare that the devil is a liar!

Thanks to some God time and a dear friend praying me I know the word of the Lord for me (and you) is THIS IS NOT MY PORTION! SICKNESS IS NOT MY PORTION! This is the circumstance I am in now but what the enemy meant for evil MY GOD will turn into good. Out of this season will flow new songs of healing and hope. I will "Sing to Him a new song...For the word of the LORD is upright, And all His work is done in faithfulness. He loves righteousness and justice" (Psalm 33:3-5). HIS justice will prevail. I don't need to fight in my own strength. I will not bow to the plans of the enemy. THIS IS NOT MY PORTION!

3 comments:

DebbieP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DebbieP said...

I agree with you sister! I have Rheumatoid Arthritis which is no fun in and of itself, but the meds I have to take suppress my immune system. I have been sick since before Christmas and have been so down. When I get sick I have to stay off my RA meds. That allows my immune system to try to fight the sickness. Well, I have had to be off of them since Christmas which means the RA got worse. What a vicious circle. Please agree with me for my healing and that I can allow God to work all things for my good and that the enemies plans will not succeed. I will be praying for you as well! Love ya!

Melissa said...

Exactly. I agree wholeheartedly.

(And to show how much time I spend of Facebook, I read the post and then looked for a "like" button.)

(Sad, isn't it?)