Monday, January 4, 2010

Book Review: The Sweet By and By


Recording artist Sara Evans has added "author" to her repertoire. Her book, "The Sweet By and By", is a lovely story of redemption, grace and reconciliation. The story is about a girl named Jade facing her past and her troubled relationship with her hippie mother. She realizes she must face things that she and her fiance had decided to leave in the past. The characters are well developed and really draw you in to the story.

I didn't expect to enjoy the book as much as I did. I'm not big on romance novels and thought that's what I was getting in to. I was pleasantly surprised and how easily I was drawn into the story. The family dynamics were interesting and realistic.

Having said that, I would still have to categorize it as a chic-flic type book. It would serve as a great summer poolside read!

No comments: