Monday, December 14, 2009

Book Review: Primal


Love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. This is the Great Commandment. Seems simple enough. So why have we made it so complicated?

In Primal, Mark Batterson takes us on a journey exploring each of these elements. He takes us back to the place where we first met God. The time when the things that break our hearts are the things that break the heart of God. It's time for the church to go back to the place where our faith was simple, and where our love for God and people burned passionately within us.

As with his previous books, I found myself reading a chapter then meditating and processing the truths found within. My heart was stirred. My passion for God and the things that He's passionate about reignited.

Primal means "of first importance." I think the New Year is about getting back to important things.
I want to invite you to be part of the primal movement. Would you consider making Primal the first book you read in 2010? You can get your copy here.

No comments: