Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It's the day before Thanksgiving....

So here' s the update on the festivities:

Monday: Arrived at my sister's house. Made the Thanksgiving menu and grocery list. Went to Sam's and bought pizza for dinner. Sis and I bought new amazingly comfortable PJ's which we have been wearing as much as possible!

Tuesday: Grocery shopping. Massages. Lunch at Outback. Dropped my brother in laws Mustang off to get serviced (yep, I got to drive the Mustang!). Nap. Made dinner for the family (oven fried chicken, 4 cheese mac-n-cheese, squash).

Today's plan: Breakfast at Cracker Barrel (it's tradition). Pick up a few last minute grocery items. Mix the casseroles. Make a time line for tomorrow (we always work backward from when we want the food on the table. I'll share the list with you once we get it done.) Make a list of wrapping supplies we need to purchase. Pick up Jon's car and drop off my sister's car for oil change. Do last minute cleaning (because there are 2 kids and a husband who live here with my sister. What was once clean is now not so much!).

Oh yeah. Here's the menu:
Ribs, Nana's roast, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, 3 cheese mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, rolls, swiss bacon dip (for an appetizer), pumpkin toffee cheesecake, chocolate peanut butter ice cream pie...we're debating on dressing and gravy.

No comments: