Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tales from 1st Grade: Someone elses voice

The back story: I've been sick with a throat infection and upper respiratory problems. This causes my voice to be a little froggy at times.

Helping a student at his desk work on writing a story. While helping him the student beside him says, "What's wrong with your voice?"

Me: I'm sick. It makes my voice sound funny.

Student: You know the Elmo show?

Me: Yes.

Student: You sound like Elmo's friend. You know, the blue one!

Me: Grover?

Student: Yeah. You sound like Grover. One time I was sick and my mom waited a long time to take me to the doctor. When she finally took me I had someone else's voice!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Too cute!

Debbie C. said...

I just love the perspectives that children have! Keep sharing. These stories make us smile!!