Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tales from 1st grade: Allergic

During "share time" this week my class was talking about their favorite (and not so favorite) things to eat. One of my students is allergic to peanuts and was telling the class about how he can't eat anything with peanut butter. This led to everyone wanting to share what they are allergic to. Here's a recap of my favorite comment:

Student: I'm allergic to bees.

Me: I didn't know that. I'm so glad you told me.

Student: Yeah, one time I got stung by a bee and it hurt really bad. Now every time I see a bee I sneeze! That's because I'm allergic. You sneeze when you're allergic.

3 comments:

Debbie C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Ha ha! That sounds like something Anna Marie would say!

Debbie said...

That is precious!