Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Calling all Dekker fans...

This is Ted Dekker's new novel. Let me just say it's GREAT! I read the WHOLE thing last Saturday, start to finish. I couldn't put it down once I got into it. The first few chapters were not as riveting but once the groundwork was laid for the story it was almost impossible to put down. At 1 a.m. (when I finished the book after taking a break to go to Kendall's birthday party) I read the last little paragraph (which was a scripture that enlightened some events in the last chapter) and said aloud, "WOW". Seriously I thought it was that good. If you're not a Ted Dekker reader you could start with this one. It's not connected to his other series books so you won't be missing anything. I love his blog post about his inspiration for writing this. It was really an outlet for his grief as a father at the "loss" of his daughter for a season. I'm including the link. You should read it!

http://www.teddekker.com/2009/04/13/are-you-bonemans-daughter/

2 comments:

Debbie C. said...

Oh wow, I just read Dekker's story. I can't wait to get started. I'm afraid to start it right now though, because I've got company coming tomorrow and I know if I start reading it I won't be able to put it down. I'm going out of town next week and am going to save it for then. Can't wait and thanks for sharing!

Kathryn said...

Thanks for the review. I'm a big T. Dekker fan :)