Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm Back

My modem and computer got struck by lightning on the 4th of July. I've been "unplugged" since then. The computer in the clubhouse of my apartment complex was experiencing issues from the same storm. I finally got my computer back yesterday. I was in serious internet withdrawal.

So what did you miss while I was "unplugged"?
* I went to a week of reading training. In 4 (8 hour) days the most fascinating thing I learned was the most recognized word in the world. CRAYOLA!

* I went to see Jason Upton in concert (if you can call a Jason Upton performance a "concert". It's so much more than that). Anyway, it was AWESOME.

* The principal of the school I'm going to be teaching at this year is leaving! He took a job at a middle school that is going through some restructuring. I'm really bummed about that. He really is the most amazing principal ever. (When your staff cries and makes time for a goodbye get together in the summer, you've got to be awesome).


* I've got a week of Technology training next week. Yippee! (hear the sarcasm in that!)

*I've unloaded all my stuff into my classroom. They were cleaning the floors so I couldn't unload or set up. I'm starting to freak out a little about all I have to do. Changing schools is overwhelming around this time of the year. If you don't see or hear from me assume I'm in my classroom!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

When does school start out there? We start in three weeks! Summer is officially over!

Rachel said...

The kids start Aug. 7. I go back Jul. 28 (not including training). Summer is officially over for me! :(

superstarr said...

I'm glad you're back in the internet world!!!