Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Moving On

Yesterday was my last day at Jefferson. I've been there for 8 years. During that time I've met some wonderful people and made lots of great friendships. I don't think it has really set in yet. There were lots of teary eyed people hugging me and saying good-bye. I reminded several of them I would see them Saturday at the wedding of one of our co-workers. It's more like spring break...just a few days off and then I'll see you again. I'm sure it will sink in at some point and I'll have a wave of emotions. Right now I'm enjoying my summer. I have 2 weeks of training in July so I'm trying to schedule my trips in June. I slept in and laid by the pool today. I love being a teacher and getting summer break!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh how I wish I'd been an ed major. Why did you let me continue on in English, Rachel? Why didn't you talk me into switching that very first semester? Then I'd be on vacation now too!

(And I'd be making more money, if you can believe that. And I'd have benefits.)

(I'm going to stop this line of thought before I get too depressed.)

Hope you enjoy your break, though!

Amy said...

Ok, I am so jealous. But when my photography career kicks in, then you will be jealous of my free-wheeling schedule all year, so there! I am glad you get a break from those little lunatics--enjoy it to the fullest. And make some time for me in there somewhere!

Debbie C. said...

Congrats on finishing up and I know you'll do well in the new location. I am jealous that you have a pool, though!!

Rachel said...

Melissa:
You're such a FABULOUS writer/editor that I couldn't bear to think of you not doing that. I guess you could have been an Ed. Major and taught English. You can always go back. Then you get to play with Anna Marie in the summer!

Amy:
I'll always make time for you. Just let me know when you're coming to Athens or I'll head to Hartwell.

Debbie:
Come enjoy the pool with me anytime! It's much more fun with a pool buddy.