Thursday, May 1, 2008

11

I'm reading a book called 11indespensable relationships you can't be without by Leonard Sweet. It's about building relationship with key people/personality types in order to be the best person you can be. I've only read a couple of chapters but I'll give you a run down of the 11 relationships (plus a few that didn't make the final cut).

Nathan - editor
Jonathan - a true friend
Jethro - a butt - kicker (two people at women's group said this was me!)
Timothy - a protege
Barnabas - an encourager
Peter/Paul - a yoda
Deborah - a back-coverer
Zacchaeus - a reject
Rhoda - a "little one"
VIPs - a Lydia and Lazarus, rich and poor
Jerusalem - you need a place
The invisible 12th - a paraclete

Who didn't make the final cut:
Sarah - a funny bone
Mary Magdalene - stubborn faithfulness
Abram -a sense of adventure
Issachar - a sign reader
Jacob - art of improvisation (clever
adaptability)
Joseph - mature wisdom
Eli - listener
Epaphras - prayer warrior

So I'm in process of reading this book and trying to see who in my life fits these categories. I think there is some good stuff there!

2 comments:

rickwomack said...

haven't seen nor heard of this one...interesting. would love to hear more about it. i didn't see "a sarcastic one"-disappointed!

stricknine said...

Not sure if Rick was referring to himself or you, if so I wouldn't take that Rachel!!! I did see Zacchaeus-a reject!?!?!? now let's see who could that be........