Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving and Shopping

Okay I know I mentioned posting pictures from Thanksgiving but I was too focused on cooking and shopping to take any.
I had a great time with my sister and her family. We stuck to our Thanksgiving schedule and got all our stuff done in record time. Her husband and sister-in-law joke about how we have this thing down to a science. We're pretty proud of our system.
After lunch we looked through the sales papers and made our game plan. I convinced her we needed to be at Kohl's at 4 AM. We usually start at 5. The stores opened earlier and we needed to be there. I wanted a lap top and Office Max opened at 6. If we started at 4 we could be there at 6. It's all in the planning! I was seriously reconsidering that when 3:15 rolled around and I had to get up. My sister was raring to go! So off we went.
We got some great deals. Most of our shopping is done. We had to wrap presents Friday night and Saturday morning instead of Saturday because her husbands boss gave them tickets to the Georgia/Georgia Tech. game. He has a box at the stadium. That was a big deal to her so we adjusted the schedule. We still got it done and had a great time.

6 comments:

about me said...

can't wait to see what you got me...and, btw, i've known (c)(k)athy long enough that i should be on their list as well...georgia tix work great!

Debbie P. said...

Wow you two are good! I only have a couple of gifts bought. We tried to shop the day after Thanksgiving one year but we just don't have the guts to brave those crowds! I admire you!

Debbie C. said...

Glad you had so much fun!! Did you get the laptop?

Rachel said...

Yes, operation laptop was successful!

Rachel said...

Rick, you should probably learn how to spell my sister's (Kathy)name correctly before she puts you on her list!

Todd said...

Hard to believe that you would place shopping and wrapping gifts ahead of Georgia football, for the love woman have you lost your mind!!?!?!?