Monday, September 10, 2007

Spare Clothes

When I taught pre-school and kindergarten I required my students to keep a spare set of clothes at school in case of an accident. Sometimes my second graders have had to go to the clothes closet to get clothes because they've torn them or gotten them wet on the playground. Today I was the one in need of a spare shirt! I spilled coffee all down the front of my shirt because I was trying to hold my coffee, two bags, and unlock the classroom door. The massive stains on my shirt were too much for the Tide Pen I keep in my desk drawer. So I frantically went in search of a light weight jacket to cover my stains until my best friends husband brought me one of her shirts to change in to. Definitely not the way I wanted to start my Monday morning. The rest of the day was much better!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Well, I'm sorry it happened but I hope that at least it was Starbucks coffee - tell me it was!!

Debbie said...

Oh I am so sorry, that is a hard way to start the day for sure. Thank God fro friends who come to the rescue!