Monday, July 30, 2007

The insanity continues...

It seems I have caused my friends to be more aware of the ridiculous church signs that are all around them. I love the fact that people are e-mailing and telling me the crazy things they read. Here are two from this past week:

Thanks to Debbie for this one:

"STOP,DROP, AND ROLL DOESN'T WORK IN HELL"

My friend Jana sent me this one. We are both a little confused about the message(more than usual):

"THE CHURCH IS NOT A BUILDING. IT IS A GROUP OF PEOPLE COMING TOGETHER BEING THE PRESENCE OF CHRIST."

My first instinct was to laugh, but I wasn't sure if the mistakenly missing word made the saying more profound or if it made it ridiculous. Maybe you can help me. They forgot the word "in."
- Jana

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Actually, the quote made sense to me. I think it means the "church" you know the body of Christ, is not a building; in other words, we usually think of a church as brick and mortar, but it's saying the "real church" is not a building at all but a body of believers. I have heard something similar before and I really like the idea behind it.

Todd said...

I thought that you were questioning the stop, drop and roll sign. As a teacher you should know that stop drop and roll is what you do when you are on fire, well I would say that based on what I know about Hell you will probably be on fire so the idea of stopping dropping and rolling would be a good one if it would work. It's nice though that the church pointed out another reason you might not want to go to hell?!?!? Todd