Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Confessions of a Hillsong Fan...

If you know me very well at all then you know I am a big Hillsong fan... actually I'm more of a Darlene Zschech fan but she is the Hillsong worship leader. Anyway, I got the new Hillsong CD Saviour King in the mail last week. (US release date is the end of this month. I got it early cause I'm a crazed fan!) I've listened to it for over a week now and I gotta admit I don't love it (gasp). It has some good lyrics within songs but there is not one whole song that I have just fallen in love with. My Hillsong days may be in the past....

In other news... Free Chapel in Gainesville, GA has released a new CD. It's wonderful. If you like Lakewood, Israel Houghton (he's actually on the recording), and Hillsong you will most likely enjoy this CD. It has a great mix of upbeat praise and sincere heart cry worship. There is a prophetic song called My Nation Healed that brings me to a place of intercession every time I hear it. There are a couple of songs sung in both English and Spanish. I love the mix of cultures. It's awesome to "hear the sound of the nations" in their worship.

No comments: